SS24 by Randi Barry ‘Summer on the Seine’ is inspired by the efforts to clean up the Seine River in Paris in advance of the 2024 Olympics to make it swimmable again. As water is our most valuable resource, Randi was inspired by the environmental aspect of this and hopes it is an inspiration for other cities around the world.
Of the 9 looks, 2 of them were manufactured by TIALS Studio an ethical and sustainable manufacturer in Bali. The rest were produced in studio by Randi.
This also marked the debut of ‘Toile de Sea’ which was inspired by Toile de Jouy and is a blend of the designers time as a mariner. Instead of pastoral motifs the print is a combination of sea shells and seaweed.
Shop www.randibarry.com and follow @randibarryofficial on Instagram to keep up to date with the collection.
Look 1: Designer dead stock, silk linen scrim with "Toile de Sea" one piece bathing suit
2. Toile de Sea printed silk chiffon beach cover with matching bathing suit
3. Stretch Linen Rayon crop jacket lined with silk with matching wrap trousers with surcingle clasp
4. From TIALS studio, Silk lined Linen printed wrap blazer with matching shorts.
5. Ponte Knit body con dress with bust detail and matching removable cape
6. Silk Wool Jacket lined with silk with Blue Cotton Guipure gown. Pearl choker is a collaboration with a local jewelry designer.
7. Designer dead stock silk linen scrim crop top with matching A-line skirt and bolero.
8. Gold burnout pleated dress with matching cape.
9. The designer Randi Barry wears Linen Rayon silk lined blazer with matching trousers from TIALS Studio.